Help Represent Long Island In Statewide Immigrant Advocacy at the NYIC’s Member Congress
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is calling on Long Island to join its Member Congress on January 22 – 23, 2019 to build power for a statewide collaborative strategy to continue pushing for our immigrant and refugee neighbors.
We will be taking a deep dive into priority issues, policy solutions, advocacy strategies, and power building, and will leave the Congress stronger as a coalition. With the midterm election’s blue wave sweep through the New York State Legislature, the floodgates are now open to finally push through progressive legislation that will support immigrants and create stronger communities from Brentwood to Buffalo.
Long Island has consistently struggled for adequate representation in Albany. Help change this for the better, and help us empower our neighbors, no matter what their legal status here in the United States.
- Representatives from NYIC Member and partner organizations can attend the Member Congress.
- All NYIC Member and partner organizations can send at least 2 representatives to Day 1 of the Congress (if space allows, more might be possible).
- Member and partner organizations are encouraged to bring as many representatives as desired for Day 2.
Working Schedule (More Updates to Come):
- Day 1: January 22 @ noon – 6:30pm
A strategy-building day for NYIC Member and partner organizations. An optional reception will follow afterwards.
- Day 2: January 23 @ 9am – 4:30pm
Will feature opportunities to participate in lobbying visits to State legislators, in addition to various professional development/networking sessions.
The Member Congress is not open to individuals who are not affiliated with NYIC Member and partner organizations.
Conference Information & Rates:
- NYIC Member organizations can enjoy a discounted rate to the Member Congress, as long as their membership is active during the dates of the Congress.
- If your organization is not a current NYIC Member or has membership that is expiring prior to the Congress, you can apply for or renew your organization’s Membership here.
- Organizations that renew their membership prior to their current membership period expiring can enjoy a 10% discount on the renewal fee. For questions about your organization’s membership status, please contact email@example.com.
- Visit the event link for more information on rates, which range from $20 to $200, depending on your organization’s size.
- The NYIC currently has a room block at the Member Congress’ hotel, Albany Hilton, that participants can reserve from for a limited time.
- Up to 2 people can stay in a room at the guaranteed rate of $113, not including additional charges.
- The deadline for reserving a room with the guaranteed rate is December 14. After that date, rooms prices may increase and the availability of rooms will not be guaranteed.
- Please click here to book a room with the guaranteed rate.
Transportation is included in the conference cost, participants simply need to meet the departing group at Penn Station. For more details and information, contact Marton Dioszegi by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We implore our Nassau and Suffolk county allies to join in to make sure that Long Island’s voice is represented to create an equitable front in our continuing fight for our immigrant communities.