Long Island’s immigrant rights groups are asking you to call Nassau County Executive Laura Curran today at 516-571-3131 and tell her ICE does not belong at the Nassau County Medical Center. Please make some or all of the following points:
- ICE does not belong right outside of the hospital. This will frighten immigrant patients and could lead to the loss of life among immigrants and their children.
- If immigrants stop using the hospital, there is a danger of a public health emergency occurring that would place all Nassau County residents in jeopardy.
- ICE does not belong at either the county jail or at the only public hospital in the county.
- It is not the proper role for the county executive to find office space for ICE on county property.
- Under Donald Trump, ICE has been widely cited for its abuse of the rights of immigrants. Fear of ICE is at an all-time high.