We communicate. We inform. We organize. We bring people together to advocate for change. And we need your financial help today.
Immigrants come to Long Island from around the world to work hard and take care of their families.
At Long Island Wins, we work every day to make that a reality.
- Our longislandwins.com website is the only communication hub for immigration issues on Long Island and beyond.
- We helped draw national attention to issues such as the pattern of hate crimes in Suffolk County.
- Our Welcoming Long Island initiative works with community members, like-minded organizations, and government officials to create a more welcoming atmosphere for our newest immigrant neighbors.
- We organize communities across Long Island in support of comprehensive immigration reform.
- We call politicians out when they try to scapegoat immigrants – and we build long-term public engagement to lay a foundation for real change.
- We provide advice for government leaders to make communities more responsive.
- In 2014 we will implement a cutting edge interactive multimedia initiative to promote a deeper understanding and empathy of our immigrant neighbors that will build stronger communities.
And that’s why we’re reaching out to you to ask for your help in bringing people together to advocate for change, to help us build strong communities and to keep up the push for comprehensive immigration reform that works for all Long Islanders, immigrant and native alike.
You can help make Long Island work for everyone by contributing today!