The Central American Refugee Center is a non-profit serving the immigrant community on Long Island. CARECEN has a three-decade long history of working on behalf of immigrants through our Hempstead and Brentwood offices.
Job Description: CARECEN seeks a staff attorney to provide immigration law services.
- Counsel and assist individuals seeking to apply for immigration benefits.
- Represent immigrants at various administrative and court levels in the immigration process.
- Make presentations to the immigrant community about basic legal issues.
- Perform duties ordinarily associated with work at a small non-profit.
- Admitted to practice of law in any state in the United States, or awaiting admission in New York State.
- Fluent in spoken Spanish and English.
- Fluent in written English.
- Experience in immigration law is desirable but not required. Academic immigration law clinical experience and course work will be considered.
Please specify levels of language fluency in Spanish and English, as well as fluency in any other languages. Compensation: $40,000 to $44,000 and medical insurance after waiting period.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Patrick Young at email@example.com
CARECEN is an equality employer. Immigrants, women, persons of color, LGBT and others are encouraged to apply.