JOB OPENING: Online Editor
Position: Online Editor
Organization: Long Island Wins
Long Island Wins is a non-profit communications organization focusing on immigration issues on Long Island and beyond.
The online editor coordinates and produces content for a website devoted to immigration news. The online editor will report on, write, edit, and publish multimedia blog posts and feature stories covering immigration news, policy, culture, and history on Long Island and nationally. The online editor will publish one to two articles per day, involving a heavy degree of writing, rewriting, copyediting, and fact checking. He/she will also manage a bench of freelance reporters and bloggers. The online editor reports to the executive director.
The ideal candidate will be a content strategist, social media expert and will report on immigration news, issues and stories. High organizational skills and a keen eye for details are a must.
• Oversee website content and management.
• Post news, blogs, photos, videos and features in real time.
• Recruit and manage a diverse bench of freelance reporters and bloggers.
• Create, curate and promote published content using social media.
• Enhance design and functionality to best deliver original content.
• Market content using SEO tactics, social media and Google analytics.
• Manage press outreach for organization’s events and breaking news.
• Organize events throughout the year that promote the work of the organization.
• Excellent investigative reporting, writing, editing, and communication skills.
• Knowledge of video, audio, and photo storytelling and multimedia editing.
• Familiarity with content management systems, HTML, search engine optimization.
• Ability to travel on Long Island, including a reliable car and valid drivers license.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• 3-5 years professional experience in online journalism or communications.
• Spanish-language skills a plus.
• Social media savvy.
• Interest in and knowledge of immigration issues.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive with other non-profits and includes health and dental benefits.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three published print or video samples with at least one print sample to email@example.com.