Safe Transition and Reunification Services (STARS) provides home studies and case management services to unaccompanied immigrant children and their host families. STARS is looking for a part-time case worker based on Long Island.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Conduct home visits and phone contacts for assessing safety and appropriateness of child’s placement with caregiver, and connecting child to needed services in the community.
• Provide ongoing case management and make appropriate referrals to address child’s needs including: placement issues, safety issues, education, physical and mental health, legal/immigration issues, substance abuse, independent living, criminal/juvenile justice, and child enrichment activities.
• Provide crisis intervention services or connect family to services to ensure minor’s safety and well-being in a crisis situation. Maintain communication with program supervisors regarding any issues concerning the child’s safety, stability, or well-being in the placement.
• Participate in required trainings on cultural competence, service provision, and program policies and procedures. This may include travel to Baltimore, Maryland to attend trainings.
Qualifications and requirements incude:
• BSW or Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• Minimum one year experience working with child welfare programs.
• Knowledge and experience working with refugee or immigrant children preferred.
• Bi-Lingual Spanish strongly preferred.
• Valid NYS driver’s license with a safe and responsible driving history and ability to conduct home and field visits. A motor vehicle that is properly registered and insured in NYS.
• Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office.
• 28 hours per week.
• Monday-Friday (flexible early morning and evenings as required).
• Medical, Dental, Life, Supplemental Life, STD/LTD, and employer contributed pension. Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as TDA, Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC Cancer Care and Personal Accident insurance.
• 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 6 holidays and 1 floating holiday per year.
Send or Fax your resume to:
Fax: (516) 742-8434