Let’s Get Started
A lot of you have joined the blog since I started the Immigration 101 series, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to answer the question I’m most asked: “Just what is this anyway?” I teach Immigration Law at Hofstra School of Law here in Hempstead, New York. I am also a long time immigration advocate. I get asked a lot of basic questions about immigration law by the public…
WHAT IS IMMIGRATION 101
THE BASICS OF IMMIGRATION LAW
PROTECTING REFUGEES AND THE ENDANGERED
- Why Can’t We Just Round ‘Em Up and Ship ‘Em Home?
- An Asylum for Humanity
- Refugees and the Rise of Fascism and Communism
- The Creation of Refugee Law
- Ronald Reagan and the subversion of refugee law
- Refugee Law After Reagan
- What Is a Refugee?
- Race, Religion, Nationality, Political Opinion, and Social Group
- When Is a Refugee Not a Refugee?
- The Convention Against Torture
- Temporary Protected Status