Field Manager (Full-Time, Temporary)
Join a dynamic team on Long Island to register and mobilize voters in our communities for the 2015 election. During this critical election year, Make the Road New York, as part of the Long Island Civic Engagement Table, will be leading an effort to engage low- and moderate-income people of color.
The principal role of the field manager will be to supervise and train canvass staff. This work will include, but not be limited to:
· Lead teams of canvass organizers into neighborhoods most evenings and one weekend day per week
· Help them analyze their work
· Offer training and support
· Managing and assigning turf
· Overseeing transportation logistics of crews to and from the field
· Maintaining canvass administrative and data recording systems
· Dealing with personnel matters (recruiting canvassers and dealing with any problems in the team, as needed).
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following abilities or characteristics:
· To lead and manage a team of staff;
· Provide analysis about canvass performance; and
· Possess excellent time management skills, punctuality, and attention to detail.
· Must be willing to work most weekday evenings and one weekend day per week
· Commitment to social justice
· Ability to work in a team and receive feedback
· Openness to learn
· Prior canvassing or organizing experience is required.
· A willingness to travel as needed and enthusiasm for the goals and policies of Make the Road New York.
· Spanish and English bilingual
· Preferred: experience working with the Voter Activation Network (VAN) database
· Preferred: Full time access to a car and able to drive
· Preferred: Personal connection to, and knowledge of, Long Island
Salary: The salary is competitive and will depend on relevant work experience and education. Excellent benefits are provided despite the temporary nature of the job.
How to apply
Please write “Field Manager” in the subject of an e-mail, attach résumé and cover letter, and send email@example.com. Please do not call our office with inquiries.
LICET and MRNY are equal opportunity employers. Women, LGBTQ, and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.