The Central American Refugee Center (CARECEN) is a non-profit serving the immigrant community on Long Island. CARECEN has a three-decade-long history of working on behalf of immigrants through our Hempstead and Brentwood offices. Our new citizenship program helps immigrants apply for United States citizenship.
Job Description: CARECEN seeks an assistant to the coordinator of our citizenship program.
- Assist individuals seeking to apply for naturalization.
- Assist in planning and executing citizenship events.
- Make presentations to the immigrant community about citizenship.
- Organize record keeping for program.
- Perform duties ordinarily associated with work at a small non-profit.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. New law graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Fluent in spoken Spanish and English.
- Fluent in written English.
- Experience in immigration law is desirable but not required.
- Please include in cover letter or resume any experience working with immigrant communities.
- Please specify levels of language fluency in Spanish and English, as well as fluency in any other languages.
Compensation: $35,000 and medical insurance after waiting period.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Patrick Young at firstname.lastname@example.org
CARECEN is an equality employer. Immigrants, women, persons of color, LGBT and others are encouraged to apply.